4 servings of Braised Fennel
4 servings Roast New Potatoes
4 x 125g (41/2 oz) sea bass fillets
1 tbsp mild or medium (not extra virgin) olive oil 1 lemon, sliced into wedges
freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Meanwhile, make the Braised Fennel then, when the oven is up to temperature, cook the Roast New Potatoes for around an hour.
- Wash the fish, pat it dry and season it with a little salt.
- When the potatoes are ready, heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the fish for 4–6 minutes, turning halfway through when the bottom is starting to look white and cooked, to make the skin Don’t get distracted at this stage as over-cooking the fish will ruin the delicate texture and flavour.
- Serve immediately, accompanied by the potatoes, fennel, a little of the fennel’s braising liquor if there is any left over, some lemon wedges to squeeze over the top and lots of freshly ground black pepper.
Gluten-free, wheat-free, dairy-free, yeast-free
From Delicious, Health Sugar Free by Patrick Holford and Fiona McDonald Joyce. With special thanks to Fiona McDonald Joyce for use of these recipes for Holford Health Club members.
Join the Conversation on our Facebook Page