• Eat nuts and seeds every day – they can cut risk of cancer and heart disease by a fifth.
• Take 1-2g vitamin CWhat it does: Strengthens immune system – fights infections. Makes collagen, keeping bones, skin and joints firm and strong. Antioxidant, detoxifying pollutants and protecting against… daily – it lowers blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, reduces length and severity of infections, keeps skin supple and improves energy and mood – what’s not to like?
• Keep your vitamin DWhat it does: Helps maintain strong and healthy bones by retaining calcium. Deficiency Signs: Joint pain or stiffness, backache, tooth decay, muscle cramps, hair loss…. level up. Supplement at least 15-25mcg a day. Vitamin D is vital for a whole host of health issues.
• Eat a low GL diet – it’s good for weight, cravings, energy, diabetes, heart health, bone health, preserving memory and much more.
• Green vegetables keep you healthy in mind and body say quite a few studies looking at dementia risk. Load up on brussels sprouts, broccoli, green cabbage and kale.In fact my overriding message of this year is that taking steps to prevent ill health is far safer and more effective than taking drugs. That’s why I’ve written my new book Good Medicine in which I offer simple, safe and natural things you can do to prevent or reverse over 75 common health problems.
Join the Conversation on our Facebook Page