Over a year ago Sophie Sabbage was diagnosed with terminal cancer. She had lung cancer that had already spread to her bones and brain and her doctors agreed she didn't have long to live. She is clearly beating the odds and has published an inspiring book, not specifically about natural remedies, but about how to work creatively and constructively with a cancer diagnosis and how to let cancer heal your life. Her book, The Cancer Whisperer, contains a ‘compass’ that guides you skillfully through the journey that people face, including how to marry conventional treatment with the natural approaches I write about. Here, she explains the cancer compass.
This compass is a summary of the skills offered in The Cancer Whisperer. The book dives into each part of the compass in detail, offering insights and practical applications about how this can be done when you are diagnosed with cancer.
Copyright Sophie Sabbage 2015. All rights reserved.
- Coming to Terms
This is an important phase to engage in fully from the beginning. It is about getting through the shock of your diagnosis, however early or late your cancer is detected, while laying some firm foundations for the journey ahead. This phase is both practical and psychological. It involves:
- Feeling Your Feelings: expressing and releasing your feelings rather than numbing out and avoiding them, which so often happens when we’re faced with shocking news.
- Facing The Full Facts: facing into the full reality of your situation, however hard that is to do, because the more you know about your condition, the more power you have to respond.
- Asking for Help: reaching out to whomever is willing to support you and creating a sustainable support system to facilitate your journey.
- Establishing Your Boundaries: setting necessary limits around your work and relationships so you can preserve your energy for the tough choices and challenging treatments of your cancer journey.
- Understanding Your Disease
Educating yourself about your particular form of cancer is one of the most important and empowering things you can do after you’ve received your diagnosis. Either you can leave this ......The full content of this report is only viewable by 100% Health Club members.
MEMBERS have free access to 100's of Reports, a monthly 100% Health Newsletter, free use of the 100% Health programme with unlimited reassessments and big discounts, up to 30% off books, supplements and foods at HOLFORDirect.com.
JOIN THE WITH A FREEONE MONTH TRIAL MEMBERSHIP.
Find out more