- 1 cup of kale ribs removed and chopped in a food processor
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon of rosemary, minced
- ½ cup flax seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ red chilli (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200F
- Put the flax and chia seeds in a bowl and add 150ml cold water, stir and leave to set (5-10mins or until the mixture is of gelatinous nature.
- Put the chopped kale, minced garlic, sesame seeds, oil and lemon juice in a separate bowl and mix.
- Add the chia/flax mix to the rest of the ingredients and, using your hands, combine the ingredients together until it is thoroughly and evenly mixed.
- Line a 38cm x 25cm baking tray with greaseproof paper and spread the mixture evenly with knuckles or the back of a spoon. Ensure the mixture is pressed into all corners and sides.
- Using a pizza cutter make scores in the mixture (5 on the short end, 7 on the long) so it is easier to break the crackers when cooked. Bake for 45mins and then flip and bake for a further 45mins.
- If after 90mins the crackers are still soft, cut along the score lines into individual crackers and spread over 2 baking trays and cook for a further 10-15mins. Check regularly as they can bur quite quickly when separated.
- Leave to cool then store in an airtight container.
Note: You can mix in other herbs if preferred, use ground coriander instead of cumin or a mix of both
Join the Conversation on our Facebook Page