- The Family Nutrition Workbook (1988)
- The Whole Health Manual: Comprehensive Guide to Nutrition and Better Health (1988)
- The Better Pregnancy Diet: The Definitive Guide to Having a Healthy Baby (1993)
- The Optimum Nutrition Bible (1997)
- Say No to Heart Disease (updated 2012)
- Boost Your Immune System (1998)
- Balancing Hormones Naturally (1998)
- 30-Day Fatburner Diet (1999)
- 100% Health (1999)
- Beat Stress and Fatigue (1999)
- Say No to Cancer (1999)
- The Optimum Nutrition Cookbook (1999)
- Improve Your Digestion (2000)
- Say No to Arthritis (2000)
- Supplements for Superhealth (2000)
- Solve Your Skin Problems (2001)
- Six Weeks to Superhealth (2002)
- Optimum Nutrition for the Mind (2002)
- Natural Highs: Chill – 25 Ways to Stay Relaxed and Beat Stress (2003)
- Natural Highs: Energy – 25 Ways to Increase Your Energy (2003)
- The H Factor – Homocysteine – the biggest breakthrough of the century (2003)
- Boost Your Child’s Immune System (2003)
- 500 Health and Nutrition Questions Answered (2004)
- New Optimum Nutrition Bible (2004)
- Optimum Nutrition Before, During and After Pregnancy (2004)
- The Alzheimer’s Prevention Plan (2005)
- The Holford Low-GL Diet (2005)
- The Holford Low-GL Diet Cookbook (2005)
- Hidden Food Allergies (2005)
- The Holford Diet GL Counter (2006)
- The Holford Low-GL Diet Made Easy (2006)
- Optimum Nutrition For Your Child’s Mind (2006)
- Food is Better Medicine Than Drugs (2006)
- Smart Food for Smart Kids (2007)
- New Optimum Nutrition for the Mind (2007)
- The Holford 9-Day Liver Detox (2007)
- Optimum Nutrition Made Easy: How to Achieve Optimum Health (2008)
- Optimum Nutrition For Your Child (2008)
- How to Quit without Feeling S**t: The Fast, Highly Effective Way to End Addiction to Caffeine, Sugar, Cigarettes, Alcohol, Illicit or Prescription Drugs (2008)
- Food Glorious Food: Incredibly Delicious Low-GL Recipes for Friends and Family (2008)
- The Low-GL Diet Bible by Patrick Holford (2009)
- The 10 Secrets of 100% Healthy People (2009)
- The Perfect Pregnancy Cookbook (2010)[needs update]
- 100% Health Survey (2010)
- The Optimum Nutrition Cookbook (2010)
- The Feel-Good Factor (2010)
- Boost Your Immune System (2010)
- Say No to Cancer (2010)
- Say No to Diabetes (2011)
- 10 Secrets of Healthy Ageing (2012)
- 10 Secrets of 100% Health Cookbook (2012)
- Say No to Heart Disease (2012)
- Burn Fat Fast (2013)
- The Stress Cure (2015)
- Good Medicine (2013)
- The Chemistry of Connection (2016)
- Improve Your Digestion (2017)
- The Hybrid Diet (2019)
- Flu Fighters (2020)
- The 5 Day Diet (2020)
- Optimum Nutrition for Vegans (2020)
Holford P, Carr AC, Jovic TH, Ali SR, Whitaker IS, Marik PE, Smith AD. Vitamin C-An Adjunctive Therapy for Respiratory Infection, Sepsis and COVID-19. Nutrients. 2020 Dec 7;12(12):3760. doi: 10.3390/nu12123760. PMID: 33297491; PMCID: PMC7762433.
Jovic TH, Ali SR, Ibrahim N, Jessop ZM, Tarassoli SP, Dobbs TD, Holford P, Thornton CA, Whitaker IS. Could Vitamins Help in the Fight Against COVID-19? Nutrients. 2020 Aug 23;12(9):2550. doi: 10.3390/nu12092550. PMID: 32842513; PMCID: PMC7551685.
- P Holford, ‘The Prevention of Memory Loss and Progression to Alzheimer’s Disease with B Vitamins, Antioxidants, and Essential Fatty Acids: A Review of the Evidence’, Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine(2011); 26(2): 53-58.
- P Holford, C Trustram-Eve, D Fobbester, ‘The Association of Various Food Group Consumption with Overall Health Ratings: A Survey of 55,570 United Kingdom Respondents’, Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine (2010); 25(3): 115-124.
- P Holford et al, ‘100% Health Survey’, 2010
- P Holford and D Fobbester, Food for the Brain Child Survey: A survey of over 10,000 children in Britain comparing food intake with academic performance, behaviour and health, Food for the Brain Foundation, 2007.
- P Holford et al, ‘The Effects of a Low Glycemic Load Diet on Weight Loss and Key Health Risk Indicators’, Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine (2006); 21( 2): 71-78
- ONUK Survey, ION, 2004.
- P Holford, ‘Alzheimer’s and Dementia: the nutrition connection’, Primary Care Mental Health (2004); 2: 5-12.
- A Chaudary, A Porter-Blake, P Holford, ‘Indices of Pyridoxine Levels on Symptoms Associated with Toxicity: A Retrospective Study’, Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine, (2003); 18(2); 65-76.
- P Holford, S Heaton, ‘Vitamin B6: Extract of Submission to the UK’s Food Standards Agency’, Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine (2003); 18 (3 & 4): 161
- P Holford ‘Depression: the nutrition connection’, Primary Care Mental Health (2003); 1: 9-16.
- P Holford, ‘Food for thought – and feelings: nutrition’s role in restoring mental health’, Human Givens, Winter 2003; 9 (4).
- Goldacre, Ben (2008). Bad Science. HarperPerennial. ISBN 000728487X
- Thompson, Damian (2008). Counterknowledge: How We Surrendered to Conspiracy Theories, Quack Medicine, Bogus Science and Fake History. Atlantic Books. ISBN 1843546760
- Walker, Martin Dirty Medicine Handbook (2011) Slingshot Publications ISBN 978-0956409317
Article in Conservative Woman by Neville Hodgkinson, former Medical and Science correspondent at the Sunday Times, about the use of Vitamin C and COVID-19 [https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/aids-covid-and-the-same-blunders-all-over-again/].
Article in Positive Health by VitaminC4Covid team discussing Vitamin C deficiency in COVID-19 patients [http://www.positivehealth.com/article/letters-to-the-editor/letters-to-the-editor-issue-269].
Article in psychreg.org highlighting The Linus Pauling Research at Oregon State University concerning the levels of Vitamin C required by the older population to remain healthy [https://www.psychreg.org/care-home-residents-scurvy-levels-vitamin-c/].
Article in Pharmafocus discussing a study conducted in Wuhan on Vitamin C and COVID-19. [https://en.calameo.com/read/0061133855d4f5abf85be?page=10].
Article in Epoch Times by Dr Joseph Mercola, Osteopathic Physician discussing Vitamin C effects on COVID-19 [https://www.theepochtimes.com/landmark-publication-on-vitamin-c-for-covid-19_3650421.html]
Article in psychreg.org discussing a study on COVID-19 pilot trial on effects of Vitamin C [https://www.psychreg.org/fewer-covid-19-deaths-vitamin-c/].
Article in Technology Networks by Senior Science Writer, Molly Campbell on pilot trial investigating high-dose intravenous Vitamin C (Annals of Intensive Care). [https://www.technologynetworks.com/tn/news/a-pilot-trial-of-high-dose-vitamin-c-in-covid-19-patients-344503].
Article in General National Council by Roger Groos concerning use of Vitamin C in COVID-19 prevention [https://gncouncil.co.uk/the-use-of-vitamin-c-in-covid-19-prevention-and-treatment/].
YouTube interview with Patrick Holford and Steve Bennett in The Food Bank Show about Vitamin C and COVID-19 [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp1s8k1q6OA].
Article in psychreg.co.uk surrounding the global campaign involving Vitamin C and COVID-19 [https://www.psychreg.org/vitamin-c-for-covid-global-campaign/].
Article in Alliance Natural Health about Vitamin C and COVID-19 campaign [https://www.anhinternational.org/news/campaign-to-put-the-c-into-covid/].
Article in Pathology in Practice about the use of Vitamin C and COVID-19 patients [https://www.pathologyinpractice.com/story/34397/vitamin-c-a-game-changer-for-covid-19-patients].
Article in Daily Express about Vitamin C and COVID-19 treatment [https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1369945/coronavirus-update-latest-news-vitamin-c-symptoms].
Article in Daily Express about the use of Vitamin C in preventing COVID-19 [https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1352756/vitamin-c-coronavirus-supplement].
Article in medical.net by Dr Ramya Dwivedi reviewing Vitamin C and COVID-19 [https://www.news-medical.net/news/20201023/Vitamin-C-and-COVID-19-A-Review.aspx].
Article in Daily Mail by Jerome Burn about Vitamin C and COVID-19 [https://www.pressreader.com/uk/daily-mail/20200421/282149293452799].
Article in Sunday Mirror about protecting the brain from Alzheimer’s [https://www.patrickholford.com/uploads/pdfs/press-articles/alzheimers-sunday-mirror.pdf].
- Evidence-based prevention of Alzheimer’s disease: systematic review and meta-analysis of 243 observational prospective studies and 153 randomised controlled trials, Yu J-T, Xu W, Tan C-C, et al. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry doi:10.1136/jnnp-2019-321913
- Smith AD, Refsum H. Dementia Prevention by Disease-Modification through Nutrition. J Prev Alzheimers Dis. 2017;4(3):138-139. doi: 10.14283/jpad.2017.16. PMID: 29182704.
- Holford, Patrick. Patrick Holford: Profileco.uk. Accessed 29 May 2009.
- Doctored information on celebrity nutritionist, Ben Goldacre, The Guardian, 6 January 2007, retrieved 25 May 2010
- “Institute of Optimum Nutrition”. Ion.ac.uk. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- About Patrick Archived 25 November 2009 at the Wayback Machine
- “IoP: Primary Care Mental Health”. Iop.kcl.ac.uk. Retrieved 5 August 2009.
- STEEL, www.steel-london.co.uk. “Our mission”. Food for the Brain. Archived from the original on 24 November 2012. Retrieved 5 August 2009.
- “Brain Bio Centre”. Foodforthebrain.org. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- The British Association of Nutrition Therapy, “About BANT“. Retrieved 7 January 2007.
- South African Association of Nutritional Therapy Archived 7 May 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- “Irish Association of Nutritional Therapists”. Iant.ie. 24 January 2012. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- “Patrick Holford Foreign Editions”. Patrickholford.com. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- Damian Thompson (2008). Counterknowledge. New York: Norton. ISBN 9780393067699. OCLC 227016172. OL 16872029M.
- Goldacre, Ben (6 January 2007). “Doctored information on celebrity nutritionist”. The Guardian.
- Holford, Patrick. The New Optimum Nutrition Bible, Chapter 24. Retrieved 19 March 2007.
- Goldacre, Ben. “Vitamin deficiency“. The Guardian, 6 January 2005. Retrieved 6 January 2007.
- Goldacre, Ben. “Working papers“. The Guardian, 20 January 2005. Retrieved 6 January 2007.
- Colquhoun, David (15 August 2007). “The age of endarkenment | Science | guardian.co.uk”. Guardian. London. Retrieved 30 May 2009.
- Holford, Patrick. Letter to The Guardian, 16 February 2007. Retrieved 19 March 2007.
- Jariwalla, Raxit. Letter to The Guardian, 20 January 2005. Retrieved 19 March 2007.
- How money is not the only barrier to Aids patients getting hold of drugs, Ben Goldacre, The Guardian, 17 February 2007, retrieved 25 May 2010
- “Matthias Rath – steal this chapter – Bad Science”.
- Infectious Diseases and Immunization Committee, Canadian Paediatric Society (2007). “Autistic spectrum disorder: No causal relationship with vaccines”. Paediatr Child Health. 12 (5): 393–5. PMC 2528717. PMID 19030398. Archived from the original on 2 December 2008. Retrieved 17 October 2008. Also published in “Autistic spectrum disorder: No causal relationship with vaccines”. Can J Infect Dis Med Microbiol. 18: 177–9. 2007. doi:10.1155/2007/267957. PMC 2533550. PMID 18923720..
- “Measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine”. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 22 August 2008. Archived from the original on 7 April 2008. Retrieved 21 December 2008.
- Institute of Medicine (US) Immunization Safety Review Committee (17 May 2004). “Immunization Safety Review: Vaccines and Autism”. Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences. doi:10.17226/10997. PMID 20669467. Archived from the original on 26 October 2009. Retrieved 13 June 2007.
- “MMR The facts”. NHS Immunisation Information. 2004. Archived from the original on 7 January 2013. Retrieved 19 September 2007.
- Di Pietrantonj, Carlo; Rivetti, Alessandro; Marchione, Pasquale; Debalini, Maria Grazia; Demicheli, Vittorio (20 April 2020). “Vaccines for measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella in children”. The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 4: CD004407. doi:10.1002/14651858.CD004407.pub4. ISSN 1469-493X. PMC 7169657. PMID 32309885.
- Goodchild, Sophie and Owen, Jonathan. “Doctors warn against food fad dangers”. The Independent on Sunday, 7 January 2007. Retrieved 18 January 2007.
- Patrick Holford (18 March 2007). “Doctors warn against food fad dangers – a clarification”. London: News.independent.co.uk. Retrieved 30 May 2009.
- “ASA 2007 Judgement”. Asa.org.uk. 19 September 2007. Archived from the original on 1 April 2009. Retrieved 30 May 2009.
- “ASA 2003 Judgement”. Cap.org.uk. 26 March 2003. Archived from the original on 16 May 2009. Retrieved 30 May 2009.
- Patrick Holford’s Website
- Food for the Brain
- The Brain Bio Centre at ION – https://www.ion.ac.uk/pages/category/the-brain-bio-centre
- Ben Goldacre’s blog posts on Patrick Holford
- HolfordWatch, a critical blog
- HolfordMyths, an offshoot of Holford’s main site providing answers to some of his criticisms
- Martin Walker’s book on Patrick Holford and Ben Goldacre
- British Association of Nutritional Therapists
- Institute for Optimum Nutrition
- Nutritional Therapy Council – NO LONGER EXISTS