- One week before you quit, start taking the Basic Supplements.
- Don’t quit cannabis and cigarettes at the same time. Quit one and then quit the other. See Chapter 21 for how to quit cigarettes.
- Take the Mood Prescription (see pg 416). Amongst other things this contains essential fats (especially omega-3), essential for normal mood, motivation and memory (see Chapter 29).
- Most of the withdrawal symptoms have to do with neurotransmitter depletion and imbalance. Since acetylcholine is affected you need more phospholipids, especially phosphatidylcholine. As well as taking the Basic Supplements, which provides some phospholipids, we recommend adding either 2 teaspoonfuls of lecithin or a 1,200mg capsule of lecithin each day for a month and include an egg yolk in your daily diet.
- If you do feel dopey, tired and unmotivated after quitting, we recommend the Stimulant Prescription (see pg 403) . Among other key nutrients, this contains tyrosine (the amino acid precursor of dopamine and noradrenalin). You’ll need 1,000mg twice a day, taken on waking and either mid-morning or mid-afternoon without food.
- If your main symptoms after quitting are anxiety or irritability and an inability to sleep you may benefit from more 5-HTP or tryptophan, which is in the Sleep Prescription (see pg 397). If you suffer from overactivity, restlessness, poor concentration and impulsivity, take 10mg NADH, 1g of fish oil twice a day, eat unfried oily fish three times a week, and consider hidden (IgG) food allergy testing (see Chapter 14).
- Cannabis affects your blood sugar balance – hence feeling hungry (‘the munchies’). Therefore, it is vital for you to become a master of keeping your blood sugar level even by following our low-GL How to Quit Diet.
- As you are smoking less, it’s important to stimulate your lungs with some clean air, as well as getting some endorphin-boosting, cortisol-reducing exercise. So, go for walks or jogs outside, gradually building up your endurance.
The most important keys for you to follow are:
- Rebalance ......
The full content of this report is only viewable by 100% Health Club members.
MEMBERS have free access to 100's of Reports, a monthly 100% Health Newsletter, free use of the 100% Health programme with unlimited reassessments and big discounts, up to 30% off books, supplements and foods at HOLFORDirect.com.
JOIN THE WITH A FREEONE MONTH TRIAL MEMBERSHIP.
Find out more