“I wanted to try the diet for education reasons to see if I would recommend it to my clients” – Jenny
I wanted to try the diet for education reasons to see if I would recommend it to my clients. I also wanted to have a health reset (rather than weight-loss) to get out of some bad habits developed during lockdown and to reset my sleep, focus and concentration.
I’m Jenny, I’m 56 and a Nutritional Therapist from London. I wanted to try the diet for education reasons to see if I would recommend it to my clients. I also wanted to have a health reset (rather than weight-loss) to get out of some bad habits developed during lockdown and to reset my sleep, focus and concentration.
I found the keto part of the diet manageable, and the food was delicious. The Proteins are large molecules consisting of chains of amino acids. Proteins are essential nutrients for the human body – they are a building block of… was lower than I imagined but not a problem. The recipes are delicious. I felt comfortable on the diet and just had a couple of moments when I felt a bit drained. I wasn’t hungry – I did the diet on the Hybrid Retreat – the lovely relaxing distractions were sufficient for me to not think about hunger. I could have been I think, if I were less distracted. There were snacks as well as meals so there was some kind of eating going on every 2-3 hours so that really helped. The Low GL part of the diet was fine – 100%.
I feel amazing having done the diet and retreat – really energised. I did a weight class today (3 days from end of retreat) having not done one for a week and was expecting to find it tough, but I had so much energy. I normally have lots of energy say 8/10 but I now feel 10/10. It’s too early to say whether my brain and sleep has been reset.
I don’t think I would do it at home. I already cook for five and wouldn’t want to make special meals. Perhaps in the future when I’m less busy. We had a chef on the retreat and it was a joy to be cooked for. I’m thinking I might try and go again next year! I will be doing the Low GL part of the diet for the next 6 weeks. I’ve been doing Low GL with clients for years.
I would recommend to friends and family for a health reset.
I would give five tips:
- Hybrid Latte – I preferred to have the coffee and almond milk as my morning drink and the other Latte ingredients to eat.
- Don’t worry if you don’t like one recipe – just be relaxed about it – it’s fine to chop and change and if you like something repeat it. As long as you stay within the principles and 800 calories you’ll be fine. Also I think it would be ok have the main meal in the evenings and the evening meals at lunchtime, although I didn’t try this.
- I preferred to take the Carboslow/Vit C drink mixed into a small amount of water (rather than a bottle) and then drank a glass of water afterwards to make up the fluid requirements.
- Do all the supplements recommended as every piece serves a purpose. It’s not a good idea to skip anything.
- If you are not in great strength, I would recommend doing this diet in a supportive atmosphere like the Hybrid retreat, rather than on your own.