Detox Do’s and Don’ts
For an instant upgrade in how you feel and look, there are four habits to break and four habits to make. So, let’s start with the hard part. To give your system a break, you need to avoid:
1. Wheat. All wheat contains gluten and this irritates the gut. So, give your insides a week’s break.
2. Milk. It’s the most common food allergen and most people produce antibodies to it. In other words, it causes your immune system to react. It’s also mucus forming. Give your system a week off milk and all dairy products.
3. Caffeine. This might be the hardest part if you’re addicted. But that’s the point. Caffeine is an addictive toxin that makes your liver work hard to detoxify it. If you can bear it, cut out caffeine for one week. If not, then two cups of green tea is the thin edge of the wedge.
4. Alcohol. Of course, this is your liver’s worst enemy. Take a break for a week.
The habits you need to make during the week are:
1. Drink 8 glasses of water a day. After all, your body is 66% water and this alone will help you detoxify.
2. Eat superfoods. Read on and I’ll explain exactly what makes a food ‘super’ and which ones you need to eat to spring-clean your system.
3. Load up on anti-aging antioxidants. They are the key players in detoxifying your body. If you boost your intake, from both food and supplements, you’ll definitely notice the difference.
4. Take liver-detoxifying supplements. From MSM to milk thistle, there’s a combination of seven top detoxifiers to give your liver’s detox capacity an upgrade.
Once you start making these changes, you’ll notice a difference in how you feel and look. You should start feeling more energised and motivated, and your skin and eyes should appear clearer.
How Your Body Detoxifies
Every day in your body, substances are broken down, built up, and turned from one thing into another. A good 80% of these processes involves detoxifying potentially harmful substances, most of which are done by your liver. Your ......
MEMBERS have free access to 100's of Reports, a monthly 100% Health Newsletter, free use of the 100% Health programme with unlimited reassessments and big discounts, up to 30% off books, supplements and foods at HOLFORDirect.com.
Find out more