This wonderfully creamy soup couldn’t be easier to make. Its bright orange colour reflects the high level of carotenoids in these year round vegetables. A good alternative to sweet potato is butternut squash.
- 250g (9oz) sweet potatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 250g (9oz) carrots, scrubbed and finely chopped
- 100ml (3.5 fl oz) canned coconut milk
- 1/2 - 1 clove garlic (to taste), crushed
- black pepper (to taste)
- Boil the sweet potatoes and carrots in 350ml (12fl oz) water for about 15 minutes until soft.
- Puree the soup in a blender with the coconut milk, garlic and black pepper, then serve.
From The Optimum Nutrition Cookbook by Patrick Holford and Judy Ridgeway (£15.99, Piatkus)...
MEMBERS have free access to 100's of Reports, a monthly 100% Health Newsletter, free use of the 100% Health programme with unlimited reassessments and big discounts, up to 30% off books, supplements and foods at HOLFORDirect.com.
Find out more