GLs per serving: 1
The alternative burger. Not only is turkey much leaner than pork, beef or lamb, but the garlic, chilli and other ingredients give these burgers a spicy kick.
Serves 2 (making 2 burgers each)
- 250g (9oz) turkey mince
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 mild red chilli, deseeded and with the white pith removed
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the turkey mince with the rest of the ingredients and leave to sit in the fridge to marinate for at least an hour.
- Shape into burgers and grill under a medium heat for 10 minutes, then turn and grill for a further 7 minutes.
Serving suggestion - serve with sweet potato wedges and guacamole and lettuce (total GL = 11)
Allergy suitability: gluten, wheat, dairy (if use home made guacamole), yeast free.
This recipe is from the Patrick Holford Low GL Diet Cookbook. Buy it now and get 150 great tasting low GL recipes.
MEMBERS have free access to 100's of Reports, a monthly 100% Health Newsletter, free use of the 100% Health programme with unlimited reassessments and big discounts, up to 30% off books, supplements and foods at HOLFORDirect.com.
Find out more