GLs per serving: 3
This recipe is pretty fabulous - a low-GL, gluten-free, dairy-free muffin with no added fat that still tastes good! You simply mix the flavourings into beaten egg whites and bake for a light, tasty treat to serve with cottage cheese, a bowl of soup or on its own. Use ready made hummus, which has a softer, lighter consistency then home made and is easier to mix with the beaten egg whites.
- 100g (4oz) hummus
- 20g (just under 1oz) tahini
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted in a dry frying pan until golden
- 20g (just under 1oz) poppy seeds
- 2 tsp flat leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4 and grease 2 muffin moulds.
- Mix the hummus, tahini, sesame and poppy seeds, parsley and black pepper together.
- Beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks, then gently fold into the hummus mixture.
- Spoon into the greased muffin moulds and bake for 20 minutes until fluffy and golden on top and set in the middle.
Allergy suitability: gluten, wheat, dairy, yeast free.
This recipe is from the Patrick Holford Low GL Diet Cookbook. Buy it now and get 150 great tasting low GL recipes.
MEMBERS have free access to 100's of Reports, a monthly 100% Health Newsletter, free use of the 100% Health programme with unlimited reassessments and big discounts, up to 30% off books, supplements and foods at HOLFORDirect.com.
Find out more