GLs per serving: 3
The strong, herby flavours of pesto work brilliantly with salmon. An easy recipe if you are having friends round and don’t want the cooking to interrupt the conversation.
- 50g (2oz) sun-dried tomato paste
- 50g (2oz) black olives, pitted
- 50g (2oz) pine nuts
- 10g (just under half an ounce) flat leaf parsley leaves
- 25g (1oz) basil leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 dsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
Place all the ingredients in a small food processor or mini chopper and blend until fairly smooth.
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 portions of pesto [see above]
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4
- Grease a baking tray with the olive oil and place the salmon fillets on it, spreading the pesto on top of them.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until the flesh flakes easily when pressed.
Serving suggestion (per person) serve with 70g quinoa (dry weight) or 45g brown basmati rice (dry weight) and steamed or roasted vegetables (total GL = 13)
Allergy suitability: gluten, wheat, dairy, yeast free.
This recipe is from the Patrick Holford Low GL Diet Cookbook. Buy it now and get 150 great tasting low GL recipes.
MEMBERS have free access to 100's of Reports, a monthly 100% Health Newsletter, free use of the 100% Health programme with unlimited reassessments and big discounts, up to 30% off books, supplements and foods at HOLFORDirect.com.
Find out more