GLs per serving: 3
Curry nights are not out of bounds on the low GL Holford Diet. Coconut milk and immune-boosting spices make this delicious version creamy yet piquant. You can double this recipe and freeze the remainder or store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, trimmed of skin and fat and sliced into strips
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 mild red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tsp Marigold Reduced Salt Vegetable Bouillon powder dissolved in 210ml (7fl. oz) water
- 210ml (7fl. oz) coconut milk
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok and sear the chicken strips on both sides then remove from the pan and set to one side.
- Fry the cumin and turmeric in the pan for a few seconds before adding the garlic and chilli and sautéing for 30 seconds.
- Add the onion and fry to soften them.
- Pour the bouillon liquid into the pan with the coconut milk, return the meat to the pan and simmer until the chicken is cooked - about 20 to 30 minutes.
Serving Suggestion Skinny Rice
Allergy Suitability Gluten, Wheat, Dairy And Yeast Free
This recipe is from the Patrick Holford Low GL Diet Cookbook. Buy it now and get 150 great tasting low GL recipes.
MEMBERS have free access to 100's of Reports, a monthly 100% Health Newsletter, free use of the 100% Health programme with unlimited reassessments and big discounts, up to 30% off books, supplements and foods at HOLFORDirect.com.
Find out more